All students enrolled in a degree-granting program are eligible for Red Hawk Dollar accounts. Simply deposit money into the account to activate it. Red Hawk Dollars for students will display as Red Hawk Student.
2. How do I add money to my Red Hawk Dollar account?
For your convenience there are three options available to add money to your account:
1. The Montclair State University Online Card Office (credit cards)
2. The Red Hawk Dollars app for Apple and Android devices
3. The ID Card Office (Student Center) and Bursar's Office (College Hall) - cash or check only.
Funds are available immediately when using the Online Card Office and ID Card Office. Deposits made at the Bursar's Office may take up to 24 hours during normal business hours.
3. Can I withdraw money from my Red Hawk Dollar Account?
No. Cash cannot be distributed from your Red Hawk account.
4. How do I close my Red Hawk Dollar Account?
Funds in your Red Hawk Dollar account automatically roll over from one semester to the next as long as your are registered. A Red Hawk Dollar account may only be closed upon graduation or having officially withdrawn from the University. Students must submit a request form for a refund to the One Card Office. A $15.00 processing fee is added prior to refund calculation. Credit is then posted to the student account and a check is mailed to the address on the account. Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing. Funds remaining on inactive accounts past 90 days become property of the University.
5. What happens to the money in my account at the end of each year?
Your Red Hawk Dollar account remains active throughout your matriculation at Montclair State University.
6. What should I do if a merchant overcharges my account?
If a merchant runs a transaction multiple times or enters the incorrect amount, present a copy of your receipt/statement to the manager at that vendor location to request a refund.
A copy of your recent transactions may be printed from your on-line account.
7. Where can I use Red Hawk Dollars?
University Dining Service locations, University Bookstore, on campus vending machines, Parking Services (for permits and fines), Sprague Library copiers and circulation desk, University Health Center, Student Recreation Center, the ID Card office for replacement ID Card fees.
8. What is the difference between my Flex Dollar and Red Hawk Dollars Account?
Flex Dollars is associated with meal plans and can only be used to purchase food at campus dining locations and vending machines. All Flex Dollars expire at the end of the spring semester.
Red Hawk Dollar accounts can be used in campus dining facilities as well as select on campus facilities. Red Hawk Dollar balances carry over semester to semester as long as you are registered for classes.